According to the U.S. Census Bureau, 27.5 million people did not have health insurance at any point during 2018. This statistic is worrisome given that health care is not a luxury, but rather a basic necessity. It is important for everyone to have access to good health services, and our family clinic aims to see this vision realized.
Benefits of a Family Clinic
While you may need to head to the emergency room for emergencies, not every health condition warrants the title ’emergency’. Specialists will help with certain conditions, but a family clinic can cover you for annual wellness visits, diagnostic testing like blood tests, managing chronic conditions like heart disease and diabetes, and many others.
A family physician is usually the first stop for many people whenever they develop a health issue and for this reason, it is important to have one. Comprehensive family medical clinics provide entire families with a long list of services and are better able to successfully diagnose and treat a wide array of complications.
Some other benefits that they provide include:
- More convenience because your entire family can be seen by one physician, so setting up appointments is straightforward for everyone.
- Higher quality care because seeing the same doctor over time gives them a good idea of your health issues. When a doctor knows how your health has been progressing, they can treat you more efficiently.
- Family clinics can provide a wider spectrum of health services for you because they have your personal records. It is easy for them to provide health care up to minor surgery levels and even pregnancy-related issues, among others.
- Because they know your needs well, they can provide you with accurate referrals to specialists or other hospitals where they know your needs will be fully met.
- Beyond being your doctor, the physicians at family clinics are your confidants who can help you through a potentially embarrassing or personal issue that you would not be comfortable sharing with anyone else.
Going to comprehensive family medical clinics has many more far-reaching effects, including lowering the national healthcare expenditure. This is because places where people see family physicians record lower numbers of emergency room visits and hospital admissions in general. With family medical clinics, great healthcare is closer to most people than they realize.